Tuesday, September 16, 2008

1968 Triumph Bobber CUSTOM

Lefty Lucy is her name, I built this jewel in the spring of 2008. It is not a "restoration" in fact Triumph purists would denounce it as an abomination, because it is custom fabricated from the ground up, with few parts, besides the motor and rear hub that actually came from the donor bike. I sold it on e-bay this fall.
















Check out the antique bottle opener on the front of the licence plate bracket














I built in a sight glass to the oil tank to help me keep an eye on the oil level















I fabed the electrics box to hold the battery (held in by a tiny wrench), ignition switch, coil, regulator, and electronic ignition unit. ALL wiring was soldered and heat-shrinked, then run inside the frame tubing for a super-clean look.










Since I stretched the rear section of the frame six inches, I fabricated this chain tensioner to prevent the chain from chewing the finish off of the frame tubing. I made the arm from a forged 7/8" Craftsman wrench handle for durability. The rest of the brackets are made from cold-rolled 14 gauge steel.



































8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dan,

This is Clive the Englishman and we spoke on e-bay. I have a few questions for you, do you have an e-mail that I can send my message to.

Thanks,

Clive

Anonymous said...

hi dan, i wanted to know if you could point me in the right direction to get a frame same as your trump or if you made it can you make me one for my biuld love that look... sweet work bro.... thanks shaun

parmabike said...

Dan,
I would like to get in touch with you about ypur bikes.
What is the best way to contact you?

Thanks
Roberto
parmabike@yahoo.com
ww.kellymoto.com

Unknown said...

Hi Dan,

I am a big fan of your builds! I have a quick question for you, I would like to get a frame like your bikes. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction or if you build them for people?

Thanks and keep building!

Josh

captjoshua@mac.com

Dan Patterson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dan Patterson said...

Hey, thanks for your interest! I have a ton more pics and videos of my bikes at www.angrymonkeymotorcycles.com By the way, I do indeed build these machines for other people.
Cheers, Dan.

Unknown said...

Hey im super intersted in these bikes i would like to know how much it is to buy one from u or have one built i saw a blue and black one that i want

Unknown said...

I would like to know how much u charge to buld one i seen a blue and black one i would really want to have or at least have one look just like it